Name Parsing and Gender Identification API
NetGender for .NET API allows you to quickly and easily build name verification, parsing and gender identification into your custom applications. Accurately verify whether a particular field contains a valid individual or company. NetGender uses a 200,000+, ethnically-diverse, first and last name dictionary in combination with an 10,000+ company name dictionary to ensure precise gender determination.
- Name Validation - Name-quality flag to easily identify incomplete or incorrect names
- Name Standardization - Prefixes and suffixes are abbreviated and standardized to your specifications
- Name Parsing - Separate full names into five individual components; split-apart multiple names in the same field
- Gender Identification - 200,000+, multi-ethnic, first and last name dictionary for pinpoint accuracy
How NetGender Works
NetGender for .NET starts by carefully inspecting the input name property, removing redundant punctuation, identifying companies and pre-conditioning the name for parsing.
Next, based on the Name_Style you've selected, intuitive algorithms identify and parse each individual name element into the appropriate component: prefix, first, middle, last or suffix.
The gender is now determined using the built-in dictionaries and user supplements and the Name_Quality flag is set to indicate how complete and correct the name appears to be.
Finally, the user-specified prefix/suffix abbreviations and capitalization preferences are applied and the standardized name components are returned to your application along with a complete composite name.
A Closer Look
NetGender for .NET can process all styles of names including inverse, natural order, hyphenated and multi-part last names. Multiple names in the same field and companies can be easily separated giving you powerful formatting control.
NetGender can also accept free-form names and then accurately split them into their standard components no matter what the original format.
Using an extensive dictionary of more than 200,000 ethnically-diverse first and last names in combination with a 10,000+ term company dictionary, the gender is determined with extraordinary accuracy.
NetGender also uses a unique gender percentage factor. This factor is based on the proportion of males to females for a particular name allowing you to set the point at which certain names will be returned with a neutral gender.
C# and VB.NET sample applications can be found in the NetGender folder
Some examples using the “Variable” name style:
NetGender's accurate results are driven by a specially-encoded, 200,000+ first and last name dictionary that was specifically created with a rich ethnic diversity.
- Precisely determine the gender makeup of your list for target marketing
- Increase response rates with personalized salutations
- Name variant property - invaluable for finding duplicate names
- Unlimited processing volume - no recurring update charges
- Simple Deployment - just two DLLs
- Local API Means Security and Speed - no remote server dependency
- Prefixes and suffixes are standardized to your specifications
- Proper-case conversion for more attractive data presentation
- Split-apart multiple names in the same field
- Parse full names into 5 separate components
- Designed for use with C#, VB.NET and any other .NET-compatible programming language